18 December 2008

Photoshop is IMPORTANT to ME!



Hello people who CLICK my Blog. Well i want to share somthing. Read! Read! Read!

It seems there’s a huge misunderstanding of how people always presume that photographers’ job could be as easy, simple and KACANG as ABC or 123 or ALIF BA THA. It’s just about snapping around by clicking the shutter, isn’t it? SO DON't CLICK CLICK, THINK BEFORE CLICKING THE SHUTTER BUTTON.

For the statement above, it is only half true. Yes, menjadi seorang Photographer is basically to CAPTURE THE BEST MOMENTS for their clients. They need to find GOOD angles, posing the clients, to communicate wisely and etc. But if you think their job ends after the event, sending the photos straight out from the cameras to their clients as end product, perhaps you may want to know it may not be as simple as that. Banar tah! i'm not saying that i am a proffesional photographer, Belive that! I only shoot what is the best view/angle for me.

No doubt, some photographers do not do post editing after snapping from the events. They would just BAGI SAJA--> ‘whatever is captured’ photographs to their clients. They burn the photos into CD, no cropping, no editing and basically they do nothing. Therefore and probably this is one of the reasons you may find some photographers charging minimal photography service fee in the market, often cheaper by more than 50%. THIS IS NOT FILM ANYMORE. THIS IS DIGITAL DAY.

I do not compromise with low quality. I rather not having the job if my end products (the photos) did not go through post editing. It’s totally unacceptable to me. Often I ensure each and every photo that I pass to my clients MUST go through thorough post editing process. It’s about quality, my self satisfaction, reputation and more importantly, I want to have satisfied clients who are happy with my service. I will jaga my products.

But the painful process of post processing is something bitter to bite(hahahahahaa). To photoshop photos is a long and time consuming process to the photographers. It usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes, in average to get a photo properly edited. Imagine laa kalau I have 600 photos capture from 1 event, I am expecting sleepless nights then. So must faham. Inda senang hati kalau di bagi macam tu je... i want terbaik untuk client dan ku merasa puas.

Gambar Kereta above are some of the examples to show you the pre-edited and post edited photos for your personal comparison. I’m sure after all you would fully understand why Photoshop is so essential, to both photographers and the clients.


Each photographer has a style himself/ herself. Therefore there are many photo editing styles. My personal preference would be vibrant colored photos. I let the vibrance to express on my behalf. However, some applicable styles like black and white or sepia might also be applied shall the photos are suitable.